Magento 2.4.6 Pre Release Available! – Key Highlights & Features
Hello Magento Freaks,
Magento has again revealed massive update release, they have rolled out the pre-release of Magento 2.4.6 & Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 General Availability date is 14 March 2023. Let’s see what’s new advanced in this upgrade.
What’s New in Magento 2.4.6 Release?
Magento 2.4.6 release introduces support for PHP 8.2 and significant performance and scalability enhancements.
It also contains over 300 quality fixes and enhancements with the upgraded core composer dependencies and third-party libraries. The Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 & Magento 2.4.6 release updates will supercharge your online selling experience.
Let’s look at what Adobe Commerce & Magento 2.4.6 release update offers to your store.
Magento 2.4.6 Release – Key Highlights
- 300+ Quality Fixes & Enhancements
- Introduces Support for the Latest PHP 8.2
- Eight Security Issue Fixes & Enhancements
- Improved GraphQL Performance & Reduced Response Time
- Compatible with Page Builder v.1.7.3 & PWA Studio v.13.0.x
Everything You Need to Know About the Magento 2.4.6 Release Update
The latest Magento 2.4.6 release update (Adobe Commerce 2.4.6) is a major performance update for store owners. Let’s have a look at highlighted Magento 2.4.6 features and enhancements
Security Fixes & Enhancements
Adobe constantly works on improving the security of the Magento platform. In the latest Magento 2.4.6 release, Adobe has introduced:
- Eight security fixes & platform security improvements. Read more at Adobe Security Bulletin.
- Filled the gaps in Admin action logs with more specific auditing of admin actions.
- Fixed issue regarding reCAPTCHA validation failure at unexpected error during payment processing.
The Magento platform is getting better release-by-release. The latest Magento version release supports PHP 8.2, while PHP 8.1 remains fully supported. Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 / Magento 2.4.6 supports:
- Composer 2.2.x
- Redis 7.0.x
- OpenSearch (A default Search engine for Adobe Commerce on-premises and cloud deployments)
- ElasticSearch 8.x
- MariaDB 10.6 (LTS version)
Other platform improvements in the latest Magento 2.4.6 release include:
- Laminas dependencies updated to support the latest PHP 8.2.
Performance & Scalability Enhancements
The latest Magento/Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 release version is future-ready! It is more efficient, scalable, and tuned to support your ever-increasing business requirements.
- Configure setting to improve the performance of operations involving 100+ customer segments.
- Improved product grid performance by limiting the number of products displayed in product grid.
- New REST API endpoint to import data with high performance. (up to 100,000 records per minute)
- Improved order processing for Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 on cloud infrastructure customers.
Braintree Payment Method
The latest Magento release version comes with the following Braintree enhancements:
- Enabled the Braintree Pay Later button & messages for Italy and Spain.
- Enabled the PayLater messaging with PayPal Vault.
- The Braintree payment method now comes with Fraud Protection and ACH webhooks.
GraphQL Performance Enhancements
GraphQL is a query language used for the Magento 2 APIs. Adobe is introducing many improvements in the latest release to improve the Magento GraphQL performance.
- Improved response time of some Magento 2 APIs related to querying products in categories with category permissions enabled.
- The category tree rendering performance in GraphQL has been improved.
- The response time of the bulk cart operations through GraphQL has been improved.
Page Builder & PWA Studio Compatibility
- Adobe Commerce/Magento 2.4.6 now supports Page Builder v.1.7.3 & PWA Studio v.13.0.x.
Other Major Issue Fixes & Improvements
Besides the above performance highlights, the latest Magento 2.4.6 contains hundreds of other quality fixes and improvements in its core code. Other important issue fixes and code improvements include:
- Fixed issues and enhanced performance related to Magento installation, upgrade, and deployment.
- Google reCAPTCHA errors —
ReCaptcha validation failed, please try again, and
No such cart with id = IDhave been fixed.
- Added a drag-and-drop feature to the page builder for importing images in bulk.
- Search supports queries with quotation marks when the Minimum Terms to Match is enabled.
- Fixed issues related to the incorrect total number of records in the staging dashboard.
Magento 2.4.6 – Official Release Notes
Currently, Adobe has released the Magento 2.4.6 release notes for Adobe Commerce. You can check out the Magento 2.4.6 change log at:
and that’s a wrap for the Magento 2.4.6 release version and its highlights!
You can also check out Magento 2 system requirements for more information on Magento 2.4.6 requirements.
The Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 is a worth-the-upgrade release. It has better core code, enhanced security, and improved performance, which is worth upgrading.
Thanks for reading